In January 2009, Pūrleve™ obtained an exclusive global license to leverage the Microban® antimicrobial product in all automatic door handle solutions. The global strategic partnership between Pūrleve and Microban has further solidified Pūrleve’s Hygienic Door Handle as the number one Solution for a clean exit to any room. Specifically, the Microban product will be used in both the Pūrleve hygienic door handle plastic sleeves and the Pūrleve hygienic door handle plastic handle.
About Microban antimicrobial product protection
Microban antimicrobial product protection fights the growth of bacteria that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration. And because Microban protection is built-in during manufacturing, it won’t wash off or wear away offering an added level of defense that lasts for the lifetime of Pūrleve brand products.
The Microban brand is found on over 750 products worldwide and is your assurance of continuous, durable and effective antimicrobial protection that will keep products cleaner between cleanings.
How Microban antimicrobial product protection works
Microban technology is built into Pūrleve hygienic door handles and sleeves during the manufacturing process. When microbes, such as stain and odor-causing bacteria, come in contact with the product surface, Microban protection penetrates the cell wall of the microbe and disrupts key cell functions so that the microbe cannot function, grow or reproduce.
What is a microbe?
Microbes or microorganisms are living cells that are too small to be seen with the naked eye and must be viewed through a microscope. The naked eye is only able to detect the presence of microbes once they have multiplied to the hundreds of thousands. And under the right conditions, microbes can double in number every 15-20 minutes. Types of microorganisms include bacteria, yeasts, algae, fungi and mold.
- Microban FAQ (pdf) learn more>
- Microban Presentation Overview (pdf) learn more>
- Microban Claims Guidelines (pdf) learn more>
- Microban in Action (video) learn more>
- Purleve and Microban Specific Test Results:
- Purleve and Microban Specific Test Results (Sleeve and Plastic Handle – pdf)learn more>
- Microban Certifications and Approvals:
- National Sanitation Foundation Approval: NSF/ANSI Standard 51 – Food Equipment Materials (pdf) learn more>
- Safety Data Sheet (pdf) learn more>
- For more information go to: www.microban.com